Papa Azeka makes the best Spam fried rice, so naturally, we added Azeka Sauce to it! In this recipe, we used the Spicy Maui Original Sauce to give it a little kick. The best part is, you can add a fried egg and call it breakfast!
- One 12oz can of Spam cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- ½ Yellow onion, chopped
- Frozen bag of mixed veggies (Carrots, peas, corn)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Cups fully cooked rice (leftover rice works best)
- ½ Cup Azeka’s Spicy Maui Original Sauce
- Chopped green onion for garnish
Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat and add Spam. Cook until golden brown and set aside.
Add the sesame oil to the same pan and cook onion until translucent. Add mixed veggies and cook until no longer frozen. Make a cleared area in pan to cook the eggs in. Once eggs are scrambled, combine with the veggies. Add rice and Spam back into the pan along with the Azeka’s Spicy Maui Sauce. Mix and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Top with green onions or fried egg.